Sites of the week #14
Thu, 08/21/2008 - 22:54
This week we have great sites, and the coolest thing is that most of them are suggestions from readers. We really appreciate that and once again ask you to send us more links to amazing websites. Also, because of your collaboration, we will start posting 2 sites per category instead of only one. I hope you will enjoy as much as I enjoy visiting and blogging about them.
DESIGN / CSS
Mint - www.mint.com
Mint is fresh, intelligent online money management. Not only is Mint free, it saves you money. While existing personal finance software packages require hours to set up, a passion for accounting (is that possible?) and hours of weekly maintenance, Mint is virtually effortless.
Ed Newpage & Educations - edliveshere.com
Ed is a continuing education series sponsored by NewPage. Over the years Ed has delivered technical advice on all things printing: coatings, inks, retouching, prepress, embossing and more. Above all, Ed is here to help you understand the amazing things you can do with paper, and how to improve the work you do with it.
Magento - www.magentocommerce.com
Magento is at the core of Varien's business model. Unlike many Open Source eCommerce solutions which depend heavily on the work-ethic and passion of their volunteers for product advancement, quality assurance and maintenance, Varien is fully invested in establishing Magento as the leading Open Source eCommerce platform.
Feed My Inbox - www.feedmyinbox.com
Blogs, Feeds and News magically delivered to your email! Only 3% of computer users are familiar with how feeds work, and are using feed readers to get up-to-date information from their favorite sites. We don't think the other 97% should be left out in the cold, so now you can subscribe to a feed with your email address.
Newscred - www.newscred.com
1) Read all the world's breaking news from quality newspapers and blogs. 2) Personalize your newspaper by selecting your favorite sources for each category. 3) Vote and learn which articles, journalists and news sources are credible and which ones aren't.
12ozPROPHET - www.12ozprophet.com
Founded in 1993, 12ozProphet had the goal of raising the bar for the graffiti world and integrating its distinctiveness into the wider world of street culture and design.
PORTFOLIO / GALLERY
Notes on Game Dev - www.notesongamedev.net
Notes on Game Dev is a collaborative blog with primarily game art and design topics from professional game industry members, educators, and writers. From industry interviews to "breaking in" advice to how-to’s to reviews on the latest software and innovative techniques, this blog serves a wide range of experience in the game development community.
Notes on Design - www.notesondesign.net
Notes on Design is a curated blog that brings sophisticated content to over 40,000 subscribers daily. Our selective panel of guest authors includes professional designers, writers, educators, and business owners, each of whom write to inspire creativity, improve the quality of your work, and promote engaged thinking about today’s most pressing design topics.
Face Your Manga - www.faceyourmanga.com
Express yourself through your image and share it whoever you want. Enjoy yourself by discovering unlimited combinations to realize your virtual alter ego.
Chris Halaska - www.chrishalaska.com
My name is Chris Halaska and I'm an Art Director specialising in interactive. I have worked on designing and flash development of websites for major brands including American Express and Warner Brothers Australia, online banner campaigns, Corporate ID, Video/DVD projects, and cutting-edge interactive technology.